Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Spanish Playlist

I decided to make a Spanish playlist for my girlfriend Barbara. The idea was to expose her to a few different genres that are not as easy to find in the english-speaking music world, but also to share with her some of the songs that I grew up listening to. I also included some spanish covers of relatively well-known English songs that I think are somewhat well done.

She seemed to like it quite a bit, and honestly I am pretty happy with how it ended up so I figured why not share it here? Of course you can listen to any of these on youtube.


SongArtistComments
De Música LigeraSoda Stereo
El Baile de los que SobranLos Prisioneros
Pensando en TíMago de OzCover of "Dust in the Wind", by Kansas.
Juégale, ApuéstaleAterciopeladosCover of "Play the Game", by Queen.
La CulpableAterciopeladosSample of "Música Llanera", from the East of Colombia.
Te Lo Pido Por FavorJaguares
La Vuelta al MundoCalle 13
Dar es DarFito Paez
Me VoyJulieta Venegas
El TestamentoRafael EscalonaSample of "Vallenato", from the coasts of Colombia.
The right version (performed by Carlos Vives) is
hard to find, so here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvHpRplXz00
CaritoCarlos Vives
El Hombre DivertidoWilfrido VargasSample of "Merengue".
RebeliónJoe ArroyoSample of "Salsa".
Tarde (sin daños a terceros)Ricardo Arjona
Ella y ÉlRicardo Arjona


If anyone is interested I'll add some of the ones that almost made it to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment